It makes use of very few ingredients, making it an idle dish to prepare when you run out of ingredients in your kitchen pantry. The double tadka in the recipe adds a delicious flavour to the kadhi. Rajasthani Pyaz Ki Kadhi Recipe is a simple to make warm and comforting dish.
- 1 cup Yogurt (Curd) , beaten to a smooth texture
- 2 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger , julienned
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
Ingredients for the second tadka
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1 Dry red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
How To Prepare Rajasthani Pyaz Ki Kadhi Recipe
- To begin making Rajasthani Pyaz Ki Kadhi Recipe, take a big bowl, add curd, chickpeas flour (besan), turmeric and red chilli powder and whisk it to a smooth consistency. Add a cup of water and mix well to a thin consistency.
- Heat ghee in a wok on medium flame, add mustard, fenugreek seeds and let it splutter.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida, sliced onion and saute until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the curd and besan mix that you prepared earlier, enough water and bring it to a rolling boil keeping the flame on high.
- Lower the heat, season with salt and let the kadhi simmer for 10 minutes until mixture cooks well.
- Switch off the flame and prepare the second tadka.
- Heat ghee in a small tadka pan on medium heat, add the cumin and whole coriander seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, dried red chilli, mix and switch off the heat.
- Add the red chilli powder, mix and pout it over the prepared kadhi.
- Garnish with ginger juliennes and Serve Rajasthani Pyaz Ki Kadhi Recipe along withand Tuk Patata-Crispy Aloo Fry recipe to make it a complete meal.