Handy Makeup Tips And Essentials For Wedding
1. Cleansing The Face
Indian brides love to use bold and bright colors for their marriage ceremonies. In order to obtain a long-lasting look, you should start by cleansing your face well and then patting it dry to ensure that there are no traces of dirt or oil on the face.
2. Base Preparation Tips
Moisturize your face for a smooth appearance and an even skin tone. Amidst working extensively on the face alone, do not forget to moisturize using your fingertips by rubbing well in a circular and gentle motion. You could even use a tinted moisturizer.
3. Face Fix Up Tips
- Use a primer two minutes post moisturizing, and blend it well. This helps to keep your concealer and foundation in place, and keeps the makeup intact for long hours. Sephora and MAC are amongst the top brands for primers.
- It is equally important to use a concealer to cover spots or blemishes. You can brighten up your skin tone by using a colored concealer like yellow or green to cover the reddish blemishes on the skin.
- Apply a foundation without SPF and blend it well with a makeup brush or a sponge. Starting from the center of the face, apply the foundation on the other areas and blend it outwards. A foundation with a matte finish would be a good option as well. A foundation with SPF will give your face an undesirable ‘flash’ effect in photographs, so it’s better to avoid it. You won’t be spending much time in the sun on your wedding day anyway!
- For a glowing look, use a highlighter on the higher planes of the face, such as the check bones, the bridge of the nose, the center of the forehead, and the Cupid’s bow. You can opt for highlighters from Colorbar, Sephora, or MAC.
4. Bronzer Tips
The bronzer is commonly used to heavily contour the face and make it look chiseled and sharp in the photographs.
Take a blush brush, preferably angular, and apply with strokes on to the sides of the chin, but not on the center. Do the same on the sides of the forehead, and on the two sides along the nose bone, but not on the top. Suck your cheeks in and use some bronzer on the top part of the contours, near to the ear, in light strokes. But make sure it is not along the entire length of the contour.
5. Blush Tips
6. Eyeshadow Tips
Indian brides love gold eye makeup since it goes well with their red, fuchsia, or green lehengas, ghagras, or heavy saris. So, if you want to play it safe, this is the color to go with.
Paint your eyelids with a gold or peachy pink shade, and use some charcoal shadow on the exterior lid contours to give a subtle, smokey effect. You can achieve this by using a brown shade on the inner crease area. You can also use golden eyeshadow instead of silver for the brow bones.
Use an eyebrow pencil or an angular brush dipped in brow powder for the eyebrows.
7. Eyeliner Tips
Do not experiment with brown or blue liners on your wedding day. It’s better to use a plain and simple jet-black liner, preferably waterproof. Draw a thick line on the top and a heavy line with a strong kajal on the lower eyelid, smudging it till the outer corner for that extra oomph.
Don’t forget to use a volume-enhancing mascara. Mascaras with curled brushes work great for awesome, curly lashes.
Grab some false lashes to accentuate and open up your eyes, making them look brighter. Remember to have some trials before the wedding date just to ensure there is no room for trial and error on the wedding day.
8. Lipstick Tips
If you have thin lips, then line your lips along the natural line with a color that almost matches your normal skin tone. If you have plump lips, then line the natural lip line with a darker shade. Wear a lipstick that complements the whole look.
- Go for maroon or dark red for bigger and fuller lips, and peachy pink or light pink for thin lips.
- Thin-lipped people can apply a lip plumper instead of a lipgloss, whereas large-lipped people can use a simple lip-gloss, concentrating more on the center of the lip.
The bride-to-be should also follow some makeup rules and be prepared to wow the multitude. Here are the tips:
9. Moderation Is The Key
The main idea of a perfect bridal makeup look is to accentuate the best features, and at the same time, keep the overall look simple, yet gorgeous. As it is, Indian brides are loaded with jewelry and heavy dresses, hence it is best to keep the makeup natural.
10. Explain Your Needs To The Makeup Artist
If you are hiring a makeup artist, make sure you explain what you need clearly. Explaining things in advance will help you get the look you want. If the makeup artist is new, then it is always recommended to get a trial session before your wedding day.