Trying to eat healthy? Cold soups come to your rescue at such times. They are a full meal in itself. Bored of hot soups or need some refreshing substitute? Or are you craving for something cold, refreshing yet healthier than mocktails? Chill with this delectable carrot, sweet lime and ginger soup . This soup can be had at breakfast too.
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Olive oil- 10 ml
- Onion, small, sliced -01
- Ginger juice- 10 ml
- Carrots, chopped roughly- 450 gm
- Sweet Lime Juice- 75 ml
- Vegetable stock- 04 cups
- Cinnamon powder- a pinch
- Salt- to taste
- For the Garnish:
- Sweet Lime slices- 04
- In a soup pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, ginger juice and grated carrots. Sauté for 03 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil. Add salt.
- Cover, and simmer until the vegetables are cooked thoroughly and are tender for 10 minutes. Keep aside and cool.
- Puree in a high-speed blender in batches until very smooth and creamy. Add sweet lime juice, cinnamon powder and adjust seasoning. Just a pinch of cinnamon added to your diet can keep a lot of ailments at bay.
- Stir well and chill it in the refrigerator. Serve chilled garnished with sweet lime slices.