Hot Paneer Sandesh Pudding:
Recipe Servings: 4
- 250 gm home-made paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 Tbsp full fat cream
- 2 tsp stevia (a natural sugar substitute derived from a plant, adjust to your taste)
For the fruit stew:
- 1 green apple-thinly sliced & seeds removed
- 8-10 strawberries, chopped
- Juice of one orange or about 1 cup
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 whole black pepper
- 1/4 Tbsp butter
- Almond slivers for garnish
How to Make Hot Paneer Sandesh Pudding
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the orange juice to it.
- Add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper. (they have to be fished out later)
- Once the juice is hot, add the apple slices. Let it stew covered for about 5-7minutes. Uncover it after a while and let it simmer till half of the orange juice evaporates.
- Once done, turn off the heat and remove all the whole spices from the liquid.
- Now add 3/4 of the strawberries. Reserving some for garnishing. This is the fruit stew.
- Mash the paneer well with a fork and add whipped cream to it. Blend in the stevia. Mix well.
- Flatten out this mix on a plastic sheet or foil paper according to the size of the baking dish you are going to use.
- Preferable you should use a 15 cm square baking dish.
- Pour in the stewed fruits in the baking dish.
- Flip the paneer layer (that you had flattened earlier on a plastic sheet) over to fit on top of the stewed fruit in the baking dish.
- Dress it up with leftover strawberries and some almond slivers.
- Place it in a hot oven preheated at 220 degrees C and bake for about 15-20 minutes, till the paneer’s edges look a bit brown.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Cottage cheese, cream, apple, strawberry, orange, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, butter, Almonds