Acne is the most common skin condition that commonly occurs during puberty when the sebaceous glands activate. It is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes spots and pimples, especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms. Although not dangerous, it can leave skin scars. Acne affects 3 in every 4 people aged 11 to 30 years.
- The sebaceous glands produce oil and are stimulated by male hormone Androgen produced by the adrenal glands in both genders
- the menstrual cycle,
- Emotional stress,
- hot and humid climates,
- using oil-based makeup,
- some medications that contain androgen and lithium
- hormonal changes
- Squeezing pimples.
- Whiteheads: They are small but don’t come on the surface of the skin – they remain underneath.
- Blackheads: They are black, very clearly visible on the surface of the skin.
- Papules: Pink, small bumps in the surface of the skin.
- Pustules: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and contain pus
- Nobules: are large, painful pimples that are embedded deep in the skin but clearly visible.
- Cysts: Painful and filled with pus, these are clearly visible on skin and can cause scars.
THE BEST ACNE TREATMENT PRODUCTS IN THE MARKET:
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clay Mask for Oily Skin, $20
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foam Gel Cleanser, $15
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Three-Step System, $30
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50,
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat,
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, $7
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen, $11
- Neutrogena Acne Proofing Scrub, $7
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15,
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Daily Solution,
- Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Mask and Scrub, $28
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Replenishing Hydrator
- CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, $11