Kim Kadarshian is one of the world most famous fashion icons- she looks so perfect! Guys want to date her and girls want to be her.
But even Kim K isn’t flawless.
The star has always been open about her skin condition and struggle with Psoriasis. Recently, she took to instagram to share a story of the disease that has now spread to her face – her eyes, cheeks and chin all sprouted red patches. She captioned the photo, “Morning psoriasis,” she wrote over the photo.
In December 2018, Kim stated that she was finally considering prescription medication in a tweet that said, “I think the time has come I start a medication for psoriasis. I’ve never seen it like this before and I can’t even cover it at this point. It’s taken over my body.”
Kim has been open about her treatment methods, trying just about everything from topical creams to UV light treatments, but flare-ups continue.
Here are some facts about psoriasis
- It is a chronic and inflammatory skin disease.
- The skin condition is related to inherited genes
- The immune system also plays a role in the disease.
- It is not contagious.
- The most common form of psoriasis is plaque psoriasis.
- People with psoriasis are more like to suffer from Obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Flare-ups of psoriasis can be initiated by certain environmental triggers.
- Symptoms and signs may vary but generally psoriasis includes red, scaling plaques of itchy, elevated skin affecting the elbows, knees and scalp.
- Psoriasis is ever constant – It can get better and then worse suddenly but sometimes can also have periodic remissions (clear skin).
- The condition although not curable, is controllable with medication.
- There are many promising new therapies, including newer biologic drugs.