Reboot your body with these 3 detox Smoothie Recipes
Its the beginning of the year which means most of us are coming off of 2 weeks worth of holiday food and libations. What better way to reset than with these three detox Smoothies?
Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to start the day. you’ll stuff a ton of nutrient food into one drink and take it with you – because if you’re anything like me you need something fast and portable for breakfast during the work week.
Each of these smoothies has a detoxifying ingredient. feel free to mix and match based on what you have on hand.
So, let’s break down these magic ingredients and talk about why they are so good for you:
- TURMERIC – turmeric contains curcumin that is an anti-inflammatory, an antioxidant, lowers risk of heart disease and may even slow the signs of aging. WIN!
- CINNAMON – other than just tasting wonderful, cinnamon is packed with antioxidants, is AN anti-inflammatory, fights diabetes and can even keep your breath smelling fresh.
- FLAX SEED MEAL – flax seeds are high in fiber (keeps you regular), contain healthy fats that are sensible for your skin and nails, and can help lower your cholesterol.
- SPINACH – you’ll tell spinach is good for you just by looking at it’s dark leafy greens, but there are lots of health benefits of eating spinach like, cancer prevention, lowering blood pressure and increasing your bone health.
- LEMON – adding lemon juice to your smoothie helps with digestion, gives you a dose of potassium and can help aid in weight lose.
BANANA TURMERIC SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana frozen and sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
STRAWBERRY BANANA FLAX MEAL SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup water
- splash of OJ
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bananas + strawberries
- 2 tsp. flax seed meal
STRAWBERRY LEMON GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup OJ
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup baby spinach
Add ingredients for smoothie of choice to a blender and blend until smooth.