- 1 large head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/4 in.
- thick 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- How to make it
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets and stems with two tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the oven for about 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until light golden all over, about four minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and also the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil; season the dressing with salt and pepper. Scrape the broccoli into a serving bowl. Add the dressing and cooked pine nuts, toss well and serve.