You’ve always worked out for your body, and meditated for your mind. Now do it for your skin.
Most of us examine the ads on TV, and wish our skin was as perfect and glowing as those models’. Some of us are genetically blessed, however most people have to work a bit for it. The solution lies in what our ancestors already knew – yoga. Stress, hormonal imbalances, unhealthy eating habits, unhealthy lifestyles, and a lack of correct exercise are the chief causes of dull and tired-looking skin.
Mental and emotional peace is extraordinarily necessary for you to feel better about yourself and your life, and that, when coupled with these exercises, can help you get rid of the toxins in your body and get bright skin.
What happens when you exercise?
When you exercise, you sweat, and this removes the toxins from your body. Your pores get unobstructed once you sweat, and this reduces the chance of blackheads, acne, and pimples. Exercise conjointly improves blood circulation within the body, thereby recharging the cells, and helping the skin become lustrous.
7 exercises which will bring the glow back to your face:
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) – This pose unveil your chest, and reduces any stress and fatigue you may be harbouring. You also get an additional dose of oxygen once your chest opens, and this helps get rid of the toxin build up within the body. Once toxins get flushed out, your skin gets revitalized.
It’s also a wonderful posture if you’re affected by lower back pain. Be careful you don’t over arch your neck and back in your enthusiasm.
2. Ustrasana (Camel pose) – once you bend backwards, your ribcage and lungs expand. The additional oxygen rushes to your brain, stimulating and activating the stress-reducing hormones in your body. Individuals affected by thyroid and cervical problems should undoubtedly try this exercise.
3. Matsyasana (Fish pose) – This pose tones and stretches the muscles of your face and throat. This is an excellent exercise to get rid of that double chin too. It conjointly normalises the function of the thyroid, pineal, and pituitary glands, along with your hormones, which greatly helps improve your skin, and brings a glow to your face.
4. Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand) – This exercise helps with blood circulation, and improves skin texture too. Since this reverses the flow of gravity and sends the blood rushing to your brain, you will notice that your skin looks plumper and radiant, and over time, has reduced wrinkles also. If you suffer from high pressure, please avoid this exercise.
5. Trikonasana (Triangle pose) – this is a good asana to balance your mind and your body. When you bend down, it provides additional oxygen to your body, and the skin feels refreshed.
6. Pavanamuktasana (Wind-relieving pose) – Your stomach and digestive system play a really necessary part in your overall well-being. If your digestive system isn’t up to the mark, it’ll show up on your skin in the form of pimples, or different skin problems. This posture improves digestion, reduces bloating, and helps to relax the muscles. If your digestive system is healthy, so will your skin be.
7. Pranayam – Pranayam involves lots of easy breathing exercises that provide a lot of oxygen to your system. This helps rejuvenate skin cells. Some of the most effective pranayama exercises that you can follow for healthy skin are kapalbhati, nadi shodhan pranayam, bhastrika, and anulom vilom.
What else are you able to do?
Drink lots of water, and stay amply hydrated through the day. Your skin needs water to remain fresh and radiant.
Eat fresh vegetables and fruits. The antioxidants and vitamins in them will keep you healthy on the inside, which will show on the skin. Select organic fruits and veggies whenever you can.
Get your sleep. If you’re not well rested, it’ll show on your skin.
Stay happy. Your positive attitude and smile can naturally make your skin glow.